Thursday, December 23, 2010

Off Grid Living

Wikipedia defines "The term off-the-grid (OTG) or off-grid [as] living in a self-sufficient manner without reliance on one or more public utilities".

It works for me. Its comprehensive and inclusive enough to make all kinds of creativity and conformity. You could hike in the mountains three days to get rid of everything and everyone, or start a system of rainwater collection, or raise vegetables produced locally. Every little bit helps, and besides, who wants to someone else to define their way of life? Not me!

Anyway, if this is interesting to you I've got more written on the subject on Off Grid BC.

Interested in an off the grid rec property in the Interior? I've got listings for Cariboo and Chilcotin real estate on my other blog, including one at Tibbles Lake. I also have free real estate classified ads there.

Anyway, getting back to off grid and off grid in British Columbia, I've decided to start a cowoperative, and you can find out more about that at my cowoperative blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment